Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm outa here

by Tamyka Bell (one of our members)

Hi everyone,

As you may or may not know, I'm heading over to California next
Wednesday 13 June, for a bit of a holiday and a little running race.
Yep, I'm doing the Western States 100 Mile Trail Race! I'm really
hoping to finish in under 24 hrs, but cutoff is 30 hours.

Anyway, it starts at 5:00 am on Saturday 23 June local time, which is
10:00 pm Saturday in Brisbane. That means I hope to be finished by
10:00 pm Sunday 24 June Brisbane time, or at the very latest, 4:00am
Sunday morning.

If you want to see how I'm doing at any point, you can watch my
progress on the race website at
http://www.ws100.com/cgi-bin/runnerquery.pl?number=110

(If you live elsewhere, you can figure out the timings at
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_US-CA.aspx?y=2007&mo=6&d=23&h=5&mn=0
)

I'll occasionally check my email while I'm over there, but I can't
promise anything. Take care, and think of me when you're not running
;)

No comments: